Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chocolate Heart Bundt Cake

Just in time for Valentine's Day, right?!  Although not really in my case since Matt doesn't like chocolate. (Yes, you read that right.)

Typically, I much prefer cooking over baking, but on occasion, I'll bake up a little treat (okay, usually only if I'm put in charge of dessert for a party of get-together ;) ).

This occasion was for my step-dad's birthday celebration at my sister's house. The recipe comes from a cookbook that my sister made me as wedding gift... she's always coming up with the most thoughtful gifts- and this one has definitely gotten a lot of use!

On to the recipe...

Ingredients:
1 package Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 box Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding (3.9oz) (use powder only, do not prepare pudding)
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup vegatable oil
1/2 cup brewed coffee
4 eggs
1 cup chocolate morsels

Directions
Mix all ingredients together. Pour into non-stick bundt pan (sprayed with cooking spray). Bake on 350 for 45 minutes, or until cake springs back.Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.






I made the Cocoa-Cream Cheese frosting to go on top.


Take about a 1/2 cup of frosting and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.

Pour over the cake.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! The icing sounds amazing!! Crazy that Matt doesn't like chocolate...Steve is funny about certain desserts too! Have a wonderful Thursday! Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!! Love it!

    Followed you from the blog hop!

    -Leenie
    www.undecidedmamas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy, thanks for stopping by my blog am following back

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Perfect for Valentine's Day too...you are such a good cook :)

    ReplyDelete