Monday, December 1, 2014

Last week's meals & dinner ideas


Did last week just fly by or was it just me?!

I know I mentioned this last week, but I'm starting to get the whole meal planning thing. I bought groceries that would go with multiple meals this week- like one bottle of chardonnay wine that was split between Monday's and Tuesday's meals. Plus I've realized I kind of like having a plan for dinner at the start of the day instead of figuring something out late afternoon. I'm only three weeks in and I'm a new person already. ;)

With Thanksgiving and leftovers, I ended up preparing five meals last week, so here's a look at what we ate:



I actually used the lobster ravioli this time (also from Costco), and served it with chicken marinated in this kraft roasted red pepper italian dressing and broccoli on the side.

I only cook one piece of chicken for Matt and simmer it slowly on the stove in the marinade.

I'm content with no chicken (and sometimes no broccoli) and just one big plate of pasta. :)




I love soups this time of year, and Pasta Fagioli is one of my favorites. This is delicious with a loaf of pillsbury french loaf bread for dipping.



Wednesday, we ate the amazing BBQ Apple Bacon Chicken dish I've been talking about since we had it at my sister's house a couple of weeks ago. Mmm it was SO good! You have got to give this a try. My sister cooks like I do and doesn't measure as she adds ingredients, but I made a point of writing a recipe as I prepared this so I could share it with y'all and remember what I did the next time we're craving it... which I know will be very soon!




So Friday, Matt ate Thanksgiving leftovers and I ate cereal. I just couldn't handle the thought of any more rich food and cereal was sounding delightful. So that's what we ate. :)



I love these fish tacos. They are so delicious and take no time to prepare. I'm not a huge fish fan but loves these. They're quick, easy, and full of flavor.



Sunday night, I tried this Skinny Taste recipe that was SO good and so easy! I served it with Rice-a-Roni Rice Pilaf and Steamfresh broccoli florets. We will definitely be having this again soon!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find time to cook such yummy meals??!! Seriously! Some days, we have cereal for dinner. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well my dear, right now I only have one who takes at least one long nap a day AND I'm not working! You've got a bit more going on! Cooking is also a sort of therapy for me. ;)

      Delete