Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Easy Dinner Ideas (8 Recipes Included)


I haven't posted a Last Week's Meals post in a while so this one is going to be packed with eight easy meals we've eaten in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully you'll be able to find at least one new recipe to add into your weeknight rotation. 

I for one am always looking for new recipes to add into the mix, so if you have any you love and think we would love to, leave me a comment below or shoot me email {notesftn@gmail.com}- I'd love to hear what they are!

Mix & Match Mama's Baked Steak Recipe
These were delicious! Couple of things I changed- feta instead of blue cheese and caramelized onions and garlic as an addition on top of the steak. I think mushrooms would be great too! We also don't have a grill, so I pan seared the steaks on high heat in olive oil for about 2 minutes on eat side before sticking them in the oven. I was honestly surprised at how well they turned out not being cooked on a grill. They were delicious!

I love making sauces on the weekends, and this one is my all-time favorite. It's not quite as quick as most meals I make, which is why I usually save it for Saturdays or Sundays, but the taste is definitely worth the extra time! You can serve it will fish, shrimp, chicken or sausage to add some protein. But I for one and happy with a big plate of pasta. :)

I made this meal on accident one night and it is now a part of our regular rotation. If you don't love spicy foods (like me), just go easy on the cream cheese spread.


Mix & Match Mama's Crunchy BBQ Brisket Tacos
We tried these once and now make the ALL THE TIME. They are SO good! I like to add these crispy onions on top and serve them in a soft shell taco, but I follow everything else in the recipe. They are so, so good!

This has pasta for me and meat for Matt. It's basically a modified meat sauce for when you want something different from spaghetti. Most stroganoff's are served over egg noodles, but I like a real noodle instead. ;) This link also has a recipe for roasted balsamic zucchini and yellow squash.

These have a little kick from the rotel, but not too much- and if you like very minimal spice, you can drain the rotel before adding it. These are a regular in our dinner rotation.

I put this recipe on my list of Favorite Finds for January. We've made it multiple times and have also used the marinade on chicken. It is so quick & easy and SO tasty!


That's it! What have you been loving to cook lately?! I'm especially looking for some good fish recipes to help us with one of our February goals of eating fish once/week. If you have any that you love, will you share them with me?! Thanks!!

The Animal Print Shop Giveaway ends tomorrow night and the winner will be announced on Friday. If you haven't had a chance to enter yet, you can do that here!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment:

  1. I've seen that braid on your blog a few times now, I think I'm finally going to remember to get the stuff and try it!
    Check out my blog post today for "Asian Chicken Bake" it was super yummy and one of those throw together easy meals... you guys would probably love it.
    xo Tiffany ~

    ReplyDelete