Thursday, February 12, 2015

Last Week's Meals (8 Recipes Included)


I can't believe I'm about to say this, but we only had pasta ONE night last week. Whoa. That's pretty crazy for me. But as a part of my February Goals, and after reading French Kids Eat Everything, I'm trying really hard to branch out in the food department and prepare different meals for us. And you know what? I'm kinda likin' this new plan!

Later this month, I'll post about the different veggies we've been eating and how I've been preparing them- all still quick and easy, but I've gotten away from the nightly microwavable broccoli staple. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Clearly we love some broccoli since I was literally making it every night for a good stretch. But we're both really liking the new veggies and have even been eating TWO veggies as sides some nights (say what?!). Two nights ago I made a creamed spinach (spinach is the veggie that Matt did not like at all that we said we'd try to make in a way that we'd both like.. mine's brussel sprout- yuck... still working on a way to make those yummy), and we both loved it! Recipe for that coming later next week.

Okay, so here's a look at what we've eaten for our last 8 at-home meals:


I shared this recipe yesterday. It's a new favorite in our house. So easy and so good!


I made this for the first time two weeks ago and we've already eaten it again. It's a spin-off of this recipe that I make with chicken, but we're trying to eat fish once a week, so I made this recipe to help with that goal. (Btw, I'm cracking up that I have food goals for this month, but this girl's gotta stop being such a picky eater, and the 30s seems like an appropriate time to try- understatement.)

Rigatoni Bolognese

I made a cross between this recipe and my own recipe (which is actually my dad's recipe), and I wish I just stuck with my own. I did like using the pancetta instead of pork though, but other than that, I think my dad's sauce has a lot more flavor (I'm thinking some things just aren't meant to be skinny?!). And I guess making a sauce in a crock pot just feels contradictory to me, haha, so I let it simmer on the stove all day. But if you like making your own sauces, check out both and see what you think. You may end up liking the Skinnytaste one better!


As I mentioned in the post about this recipe, I want to make these again where I remember to get the meat in the crock pot earlier in the day so that it can cook longer and pull apart. But other than the meat not being super tender and pull-apart, I loved the flavor of these sandwiches and will definitely make them again!

Pierogies (We buy these)

I guess this seems pasta-ish, but technically they're filled with potato. :) This is such a quick and easy meal for a weeknight. I actually made them in the oven this time which made it EVEN easier than the stovetop. Definitely recommend making these as something different and easy! I can post a recipe next week, but you basically follow the oven directions on the box (the box looks like this and is found in the frozen section at the grocery store). I just sprinkle with olive oil and cinnamon sugar before sticking them in the oven. Then I sauté onions and garlic to add on top and we dip them in sour cream. SO easy and SO good!


These were good! Very easy, great flavor... I used soft shell tacos instead of hard, but that's the only thing I did differently. Definitely recommend trying these!


This dish combines sour cream, cheddar cheese, and my favorite crackers to make a crispy baked chicken that's full of flavor. We love this dish in our house!


I am not a huge fan of chili powder so I didn't love this meal, but Matt liked it! I think I'll try it again but with a packet of taco seasoning instead of the chili powder. But it was definitely easy to make and worth trying again with the taco seasoning.



I hope you're planning to join us for mid-month confessions on Monday the 16th! You can read last month's confessions post here to get ideas (and check out Elizabeth's here), but basically this hop is a place for us to share a bit of our less-than-perfect selves with each other and maybe share a laugh and meet a new friend in the process. Hope to see you on the 16th!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment