Friday, August 14, 2015

August's Mid-Month Confessions


It's Friday! Yay to all my teacher friends who made it through their first week! The beginning of the school year is so much fun but I remember feeling that things were always a bit easier once the everyday routines started. 

Today, Elizabeth and I are sharing our Mid-Month Confessions and would love for you to join us with some confessions of your own!
If you have a blog, you can enter the link-up below, or if you're a reader and want to confess in the comment section below our posts, that works too. :) And don't forget to check out E's confessions here!

Also, if you do decide to link up your own post, we'd love for you to include this button somewhere in the post. It will allow your readers to link back to the main page that has all of the other blog link-ups. Thanks, friends!
MID MONTH CONFESSION



And now, a look at my confessions for the month:


1. 
On the school note (sort of), I have loved loved loved being at home with my little man this past year, but I realized recently that I kind of miss being in charge of things (there's probably a less controlling way to say that) and I also (sometimes) miss having a busy schedule. Yes, it sounds a little crazy, especially the busy schedule part, but I'm so used to a go-go-go lifestyle. So while a big part of me has really enjoyed the every-day-is-different life we're leading right now, I think I'm ready to add in a few set responsibilities and be used in a different capacity in addition to being a mom and wife. So when our MOPs coordinator asked me to be a table leader this year, I felt really excited about the opportunity to serve and lead. We have our leadership meeting next week and then start with our first MOPs meeting on September 8th, and I can't wait! If you are a stay-at-home mama and are looking for a great spiritual outlet for yourself, check out the MOPs website and see if their is a meeting near you. It meets every other week and is a great way to connect with other moms in your area.

2.
Y'all were so sweet and complimentary on Ryan's party posts, and some of you emailed or commented about all of the creative/crafty things that were a part of the big day. And as I responded to those of you that commented or emailed, I had a LOT of help getting his party together. So just to give you an idea of my lack of on-my-own craftiness, I texted some of my girlfriends the week before Ryan's party with this question:

"I made a pennant banner thing for Ryan's party (okay ordered and printed) and am now wondering how one gets the triangles to hang after they are cut out?"

And then my next question involved how to get the water bottle labels to stick to the water bottles (this is a really bad one)... to which I asked if hot glue would work.

One of my friends responded really nicely that the hot glue would probably melt the plastic, so double-sided tape might be a better option.

Duh.

3.
Elizabeth emailed me this week and shared a podcost link with me that she said reminded her of our partnership and friendship (side note- we've never actually met in real life!). It was then that I realized I have never listened to a podcast before and wouldn't actually know how to go about doing that if she hadn't sent me a direct link. Be honest, am I the only one?! ...Remember, I still don't download music and buy CDs for my car when new albums from my favorite artists are released, so this is probably not surprising.

4.
Last week, I had a dream that Ryan was in the bed with us (I honestly have NO idea why Matt and I take turns having this dream. Ryan has never slept in the bed with us, yet we each take turns catching him from falling off the bed in the middle of the night and scaring the other person half to death when we grab them in the middle of the night) and this time, he had large piece of something in his mouth that I didn't want him to choke on. So I proceeded to reach my hand over to Matt's mouth and repeatedly tried to swipe inside his mouth to get whatever it was out. And when Matt started moving his head to get me out of the way (as Ryan always does when he gets something in his mouth that shouldn't be there), I proceeded to hold down his head and try again to remove the item from his mouth.

Finally, Matt responded in a super frustrated tone (which, y'all, if you know Matt, you've probably never seem him frustrated so it's hilarious when he gets annoyed in the middle of the night),

"HEATH! I'M NOT RYAN! You've done that like FIVE times!"

Hahhahahha. Woops!

We both cracked up in the morning. First at my ridiculous dream, and then at Matt's super irritated response.


That's all I've got for this month! Now it's time to see what you guys have to share! Add your link below and check out what the other bloggers in the link-up have to share.

Have a great weekend!!




facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm laughing out loud to what you did to Matt in your sleep. Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan's party was absolutely the best! You were super super crafty...even if you did need to have a little help :). That is super funny about you and Matt. I can only imagine how crazy hilarious it is in the morning even though during the night I'm sure its super super scary. Thanks so much for sharing!
    xo
    P.S. I have never listened to a podcast before either so I would for sure be right there with you trying to figure it out if I wasnt given a direct link hahah. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lololol at your reaction to your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I didn't realize you were doing this today, hope I can still link up on Monday?

    Parenting is hard and so time consuming. It really does take a village. It's great to have help!

    Podcasts are so fun! There are so many out there. I love that you still buy and listen to cds. My mom literally still listens to tapes in her car :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh what was the Podcast? I've just started getting really hooked on them! When I am on a long car trip or running, I think a Podcast makes it go by so much faster! I am loving "The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey" and "Big Boo Cast" with Melanie Shankle and Sophie Hudson!

    ReplyDelete