Friday, August 21, 2015

Book Review: The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks


Reading this book was one of my goals for August, and it did not disappoint!

I am such a sucker for a good love story and love Nicholas Sparks' books. I have read just about every book he has written and have loved almost all of them. 

This book told the story of two different couples, one old and one young (similar to The Notebook) and intertwined their stories at the end. I don't always like when books switch back and forth between plots (why I have a love/hate relationship with Jodi Piccoult and Mary Higgins Clark books), but it really didn't bother me at all in this book. I felt like he spent enough time on each plot before switching back to the other one, so it never felt choppy. I also felt like I knew the characters so well by the end and wanted to know the whole time I was reading how he would tie their stories together.

This is a light read, perfect for the beach, or reading before bed. It's a little predictable and cheesy at times but that's kind of quintessential Nicholas Sparks, right? If I'm reading a love story, I want a little cheese in it. And I want their story to be a happy one.


Tonight, Matt and I are going to watch the movie and have a date night in. Which means I might should pour myself an afternoon cup of coffee while Ryan finishes up his nap. Movies and I don't usually do well past 9pm (sad but true I'm afraid).


And since Matt's being so great to watch this movie with me, I'm making a steak dinner for the two of us. This one, to be exact:


With a side of my favorite homemade mac & cheese (because this girl's gotta have a little pasta with a steak meal) :)

Hope you guys have a great weekend! 

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment:

  1. I want to read this before I watch the movie.... I remember when I read At First Sight, we were traveling to Missouri for a family trip and I almost threw the book out the window when I finished it! haha
    He makes me cry, or makes me angry or both!! Same thing with The Best of Me - I didn't read that one, but watched the movie and was shocked at the ending.....
    :-)

    ReplyDelete