Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chicken & Corn Enchiladas


I made these the other day for our neighbors across the street who just had a baby and love Mexican food. It made enough for two dishes (16-18 total enchiladas), so Matt and I got to enjoy them also.

I used all mild ingredients, so this could definitely be spicier, but it did still have a little kick to it. If you like more of a spice in your enchiladas, you can use the "hot" rotel, spicy enchilada sauce (or mix in some hot sauce with the can of enchilada sauce), and trade out the cheddar cheese for pepperjack.

I also think some diced sweet onion would be great in these, but I didn't have any on hand when I made them. I know, I still can't believe it... there's a first time for everything. ;) But I'm thinking I would put it in raw before filling the tortillas so there's a little crunch with each bite, rather than tossing them in with the crockpot ingredients.

Recipe adapted from Mix & Match Mama's Beef Enchiladas

Ingredients:
2-3 chickens breasts
1 can mild rotel (10oz)
1 can green chilies (4oz)
1 can corn, drained
1 can cheddar cheese soup (10oz)
1 packet taco seasoning
1tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken stock
10 flour tortillas
1 can red enchilada sauce (15oz)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Dump the first 8 ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and mix all ingredients together until well blended.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9x11 baking dish.

Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and place inside the baking dish, seem side down. Pour enchilada sauce overtop of the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Serve with a side of sour cream and/or salsa.


Don't forget to come back Friday for my list of 31 favorites and a fun little giveaway! 

And if you missed Monday's post, I shared our beach week menu with links to a few of my favorite recipes. You can check that out here.

I love sharing pictures of our vacations while we're away, so if you want to follow along, you can find us @hmnelsen on Instagram, or click the camera icon below.

See you Friday!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed


1 comment: