Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February Goals


It's Natalie's birthday month!! 

Somebody hold me while I cry. I cannot believe our sweet girl will be ONE on the 17th! It feels like we just had her, but maybe that has something to do with me being pregnant again?! We can't wait to celebrate her later this month and I can't wait to write her one year recap post and reminisce on all of the memories we've experienced with her in the past year. She is just too much fun.

Okay, so if you recall, I dove in hard to January and was super gung-ho about accomplishing a LOT to start off the new year. I'm happy to say most of it got done too. Here's a recap of January's goals:

1.
Plan Natalie's 1st Birthday Party


Thanks to Cupcake Express for making these adorable invitations for us! And thanks to my mom for cutting out a bagillion decorations with me during nap one day and then taking the rest home to finish. BLESS! We've got the food planned and have her little outfit ready (thanks to her cousin Riley for handing down the most adorable 1st birthday outfit ever), so the decorations and food prep that is left will be a part of this month's goals.

2.
Create 2017 Photo Calendar and Photo Books
Photo Books:
Natalie's first year
Natalie's newborn pics
Natalie's birth story
2016- Our Year in Review

Remember when I said I should probably stop with 2 goals since my second one involved making a calendar and 4 photo books? Yeah. Well, I made the calendar and 2.5 of the photo books, (and was also able to make a calendar for Matt's office as a little New Year's surprise for him), but still need to finish our 2016 book and Natalie's first year book this month.

If you haven't tried Shutterfly books before, you should definitely give them a try! They send out coupons for free (yes FREE!) 8x8 books often, which is the size I always make. You can check them out here if you're interested!

3.
Begin Planning Our Family Vacation

We put a lot of thinking into this this month and have 4 very different options on the table, but still haven't settled on our place quite yet. Being that our trip will be in April, we'll get something booked this month. Hey, we booked our trip to Maine pretty last-minute last year and ended up with a good deal because of it, so maybe we'll have the same luck this year. :)

4.
Share 3 New Recipes

5.
Workout 3x's/week during nap

It felt so good to be back into a workout routine again! I definitely want to keep this up next month as well. I found a new pilates leg and butt toner workout here, a new prenatal pilates workout that I really like here, and my sister gave me the T25 workouts to try, so I'll be giving those a go next month.

6.
Finalize Living Room Furniture

We ordered living room furniture!!! We can't wait for it to arrive sometime in the next month or so. It's funny though because after all this time and decision making, I told Matt last night that I'll kind of miss our wide-open play room living room. It's funny how you get used to things and don't want to change them up... even when they look borderline ridiculous. ;)



I also ended up reading a new book on discipline this past month that I really enjoyed. I'll be sharing a full review of it next week, but you can check out the description here. It was SO good and gave great perspective on the current stage of life we've entered into with our little man who's growing up so fast!


Okay, now onto February:


1.
Finish 2016 Photo Book & Natalie's One Year Book

2.
Make & Order Natalie's One Year Signs
For Ryan's first birthday, I made two signs and ordered one and want to do the same for Natalie.


3.
Workout 3x's/week during nap
I want to try the T25 workouts my sister gave me and keep up with the other YouTube workouts I've found and enjoy. These workouts are never long (some days they're as short as 10 minutes!), but that little bit of time reenergizes me and has been a definite positive change for me this past month.

4.
Share 3 New Recipes
This month, I want to share recipes for:
Homemade Meatballs
Taco Bowls
Chicken Enchiladas

5.
Read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
I joined a book club this month and this is the next book on the list for March's meeting, so I'm looking forward to reading it and getting together to talk about it next month. It has over 26,000 reviews and 4.5 stars on Amazon, so I'm pretty excited about reading it!

6.
Disconnect Cable
Okay. Here goes nothing. I knew if I didn't make this a written-down goal, I wouldn't do it. Matt and I have been talking about getting rid of cable (taking the plunge, as we call it) for a long time now since we pay so darn much for what little TV we watch. So a couple of months ago, I ordered two antennas and have everything we need to go the no-cable-bill route, but just haven't done it yet. So this month, it's go time. We're doing it. I'll let you know how we fair on the other side.

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

3 comments:

  1. We went our first 6 months of marriage without cable and then decided to get it. A year and a half later...we've been talking about canceling it! What channels do you get with your antennas?? LOVE Natalie's invitations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't pulled the plug yet, but from what I understand you get all main network channels (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc.) and then can get other shows through Hulu and Netflix for a small monthly fee. And thank you on the invitations!

      Delete
  2. In 15 years of marriage we've never had cable. :) we can get anything we want through Netflix or like the NBC app, etc! You'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete