Sunday, October 15, 2017

Clemson Weekend


Last weekend, we took a road trip to Clemson to spend the weekend with two of my college roommates and their families.



We started this tradition 5 years ago and it is one of my favorites. My college roommates and I, and our families, get together one weekend a year in Clemson, and relive memories and make new ones, with all of our little people in tow.

 The last few years, we've decided to go during homecoming weekend. The kids have the best time seeing all of the floats and walking around campus.

This year, as Matt pointed out Friday night when we were attempting to get our kids down for the night, was a little ambitious. Hah! But honestly, like we learn any time we travel together, our kids ended up doing so well and we worked together to problem solve when needed and make the most out of a fun weekend. And fun it was!

I am so thankful for these people and love, love, love getting to see all our kids together in one place. We missed two of our roommates who weren't able to make it, but I'm honestly not sure where we'll stay if there's a year when every family can go. Four more adults and seven more kids is not a small difference!

I don't have a ton of pictures from our trip, and the ones I did take feel kind of random, but here's a recap from what I took!


Ice cream after dinner Friday night!

Aunt Dre had the idea for a teeth brushing party, and I became the entertainment. ðŸ˜† All the kids piled in this tiny bathroom, and I sang the song that Ryan, Natalie and I sing when we brush their teeth. 

Night one. Ryan sleeping right next to Natalie's pack 'n play in the room they shared. And no, this sweet little scene you are witnessing did not happen effortlessly. ðŸ˜œ

Reading with Uncle Chris!

Heading to campus

Love these girls!

Not sure if you can see it, but they held hands on their own as we were walking. :)

Natalie trying to pose with the big girls

:)

Emily's first trip to Clemson and to Groucho's for lunch!

Andrea snapped this picture. I'm not sure where he learned this, but apparently he cuts his sandwiches now- hah

Spotted an ant. ;)

Sweet pea

Out for the count

This girl hung the whole time until we made it back to the car! She was loving walking around campus and riding the campus bus. :)


Matt and Ryan playing down by the water at the house we rented. (Can you see them?!)

Such a fun weekend with friends! Unfortunately, I caught a bad cold and was struggling all last week, but I am on the mend, hallelulah. Momming with a cold is not fun! 

Here's to a great week ahead and maybe even a blog post or two. ;)

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed 

No comments:

Post a Comment